Wednesday 15 June 2016

Three Wishes

 

I am feeling pretty sleep deprived at the moment- Buttons is feeding every two hours and has taken a dislike to the bassinet. I believe my words at 3.30am were " Please, oh please just go to sleep and stay asleep!" So I apologise in advance if this post is a little loony tunes.

But as I was sitting there rocking Buttons, I got to thinking about what I would wish for if I had a fairy godmother to grant me three wishes. 

Beyond sleeping children- because I am not wasting wishes on that. My kids will sleep- eventually! 

Magical Wish Number 1. 
I wish I could have a bath. A nice big, hot, deep bath with delicious soapy bubbles from Lush. And to be able to stay in there for half an hour, by myself. With no little visitors to lean over and play with the bubbles and throw in plastic bath toys. Having a good book and a bowl of jelly tip ice cream to keep my entertained and indulged would make it perfect. ( Action Dad thinks I am nuts for liking ice cream in the bath. I tell him that I don't need that kind of negativity in my life ) 

Magical Wish Number 2
I would like to wish for my craft nook to be tidy and wait for it ... To stay tidy. Since we have moved into our new house, I have probably cleaned the cupboard about 15 times but it happens to come off our living room and is a convenient place to stash stuff when people are visiting. My lovely younger sister charmingly called it a "crap cupboard" and said that everyone has a spot like it in their house- the place where everything that doesn't have a home ends up. 

Avert your eyes if you get scared easily....

 
( so embarrassing!!!!!) 


Magical Wish Number 3
Ah.. My final wish. I would like an extra 1.5 hours for my day. But I need to be specific here- this time must only come at the end of the day, once the kids are in bed- NOT during the witching hour. This time is to be used for hanging out with Action Dad ( lying on couches watching The Block doesn't count as hanging out)  or crafting, or for visiting KMart. It is magical time so it doesn't make me more tired. It is not for cleaning or cooking or organising. It can be used for snuggling in bed with a book.


If you had asked me three years ago what I would have wished for, those wishes would be very, very different. And I bet if you ask again in a year or so, they would be different again.
But right now, they are what I really really want. Pretty please with a cherry on top 😍

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha love it! You forgot to wish for self sorting self folding and self putting away washing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha love it! You forgot to wish for self sorting self folding and self putting away washing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can so relate to your last comment "f you had asked me three years ago what I would have wished for, those wishes would be very, very different." Love this post! x
    www.breharne.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I saw your 2nd photo, I wanted to jump in the computer and tidy it up for you because I love to organise. I'm like --- ooh let me at it! When I see photos like this...I instantly see the AFTER photo. If you need encouragement or advice, I am happy to help, just flick me a PM via Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magical Wish number 3 - YES PLEASE!! xx Maria | Happy Mum Happy Child

    ReplyDelete