Thursday 23 June 2016

A Fond Farewell

This week I bid a long overdue farewell to an important player in my life.  We have been together for four years, at first just as irregular acquaintances when the weather turned but after the arrival of Miss Muffet and the associated endless days at home, we became firmly entrenched in each other's lives. 

 
 
These are my ugg boots. Dark brown and cosy. Previously sheep skin lined but sadly now lacking in any kind of fuzz at all. The soles are now worn down and have become slippery. The heels are collapsing. They are HAD IT.

Actually, they were probably well past it last year. I have been muttering about needing new slippers for months and months but didn't actually do anything about it. It's as if I felt like maybe if I waited long enough, that new ones would just magically appear in my closet. It's funny because if the girls even remotely need anything, then you can bet your bottom dollar that I will arrange to get whatever they need as soon as I can. I have no problem spending our money on them- in fact, I have a self imposed ban on going in Cotton on Kids as I can't be trusted not to spend all our grocery money in there. But when it comes to spending money on myself.... Well that's another story!  Suddenly I become very budget conscious and can put off spending money on myself for months. 

After Buttons was born, I went for a skid while holding her and wearing my uggs. The time had come when enough was enough. Time to shop. Being a Mumma of a newborn, I did what any other mother does and turned to the Internet. I searched in all of my regular haunts and found the perfect replacement slippers. But did I buy them ? 

No. 

I looked at the price, $99 and went " oh that's too much". Never mind that I wear slippers every day at some stage. (I don't wear them out to public places . Yet.)Never mind that I have not bought anything new for myself since I had to buy maternity jeans in November. I just couldn't justify spending $100 on a) myself and b) on slippers. 

So I didn't buy them and just kept visiting them on the website, like I visit Facebook. Just checking they were still there. And checking the price.

Coming from Farmers, I knew that they would come down in price if I waited. So I watched and waited. Until finally, on Saturday, I bit the bullet. Action Dad parked the car with both girls in it and I ran into the store and bought them. No dawdling. No being distracted by pretty clothes and make up. In and out in less than 15 mins. 

So I present to you, my new favourite foot friends 
 

My feet are cosy and thankful. 

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how we don't spend money on these types of things! I remember doing the exact same thing with slippers - knowing they were so expensive so I didn't buy them. Thanks for sharing with the Friday Favourites link up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a pair of uggs for about 7-8 years! I only got rid of them a few months ago. I know how you feel! I am loving your new uggs. Thanks for linking up with us at Friday Favourites

    ReplyDelete