Saturday 4 June 2016

Saturday Smiles

At the moment I am surviving on very broken sleep, a lot of coffee and copious amounts of sugar. I have a constant foggy brain and am needing to write down anything that even remotely needs remembering. I am also learning to quickly survey double meltdown situations where both of my girls are howling and decide who I need to attend to first and who can manage to wait for a few more minutes before they implode.

Luckily, I have a lot of lovely, kind and funny people in my life who help me to smile. So for the next few weeks I am going to try and write a post every Saturday which details some of the moments in my week that made me smile.

My Choo Choo Girl

Funny little Miss Muffet is a big fan of trains and we are very excited that her slowly expanding repertoire of words includes the word " choo choo". The other night, as I headed off to bed, I stopped in to check on Miss Muffet and make sure that she was actually in bed and not asleep on the floor. This is what I found:
 

Little Miss Muffet fast asleep and cuddled up to her favourite trains, which she has smuggled to bed without Action Dad noticing. Love her!

Daylight Robbery
Today we went to visit Amazing Sister, Mr Darcy and Mr Expression. Mr Expression sidled up to me and showed me a wee plastic bag of his treasure- a collection of small stones he had decided were Very Important and Most Special. Mr Expression very kindly offered to gift me one stone which I accepted. He then sat and thought for awhile before announcing that he was going to go outside and that he required a table because he was going to sell his stones. Amazing Sister and I tried to convince him that this may not be the best idea and I offered to buy a second stone. I scrounged $1.20 in loose change from my purse and counted out $1. Mr Expression gave me my original stone! I offered him the further 20 cents, which he took. When I asked what that would get me he replied - " one! And you already have it! ". That boy is going to go places.

Flowers
We were so lucky to receive beautiful bunches of flowers to celebrate the arrival of Buttons. I have had them all sitting on our kitchen bench and everytime I see them, they make me smile. 
 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous are you kids! My boy use to go to sleep with trains, cars and things he was close to at the time. Love your Saturday smiles, sometimes when it's been a hard and busy week it is hard to be positive but I like you are looking for them, because they are always there sometimes we just need reminding. Thanks for reminding me too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- I may be biased but I think my girls are pretty cute! I have been reading some other great blogs about gratitude and focusing on the positive and it inspired me 😀 Thank you for continuing to read- I have just found your blog and have bookmarked it for reading during my next feeding session x

      Delete