Monday 16 May 2016

Miss Muffet Turns 2 ( Part One)

 It is hard to believe that my little girl is now 2! She is no longer a baby and has moved firmly into her pre- school years. Having only recently moved cities and with me being heavily pregnant, we decided to keep her birthday relatively low key- I also figure that she is still so little and so happy with such small things that I would keep it simple and as fuss free as possible while still making sure to celebrate!  I am going to split this post up in to a few sections so it doesn't turn into a long novel.

Presents 
I found it really hard to buy for Miss Muffet this time- we now have a playroom and she can have all her toys out instead of rotating through a box, which is what we did in Auckland. She is so happy rediscovering all her toys and has so many awesome toys that she has been handed down from her cousins that I really struggled with what I would buy her. I like to stick to the saying  "something to wear, something to read, something you want and something you need"  as it keeps me from going overboard on just buying her clothes! I am also really try hard not to buy toys that will only be used for a short period of time and prefer to buy more classic toys. 

We ended up buying her gumboots and shoes, ( need)  a dress and pinafore, (wear)  and an awesome train set which we picked up from Kmart ( want)  I want to get her a book about being a big sister and haven't found one I like yet, so will keep an eye out over the next few weeks. If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them!

The train set was a huge hit and needed to be set up immediately.  Miss Muffet loves visiting her older cousins, and insists on getting out their trains each time so I knew she would be very happy with her own set. I mentioned this to Amazing Sister and was blown away when her boys wrapped up a few trains from their collection to give to Miss Muffet- I understand that a lot of negotiations went into which trains could be gifted! 
 

Miss Muffet also received a drink bottle, play dough set, crayons and felts, tea set, warm jacket and Peppa Pig jewellery set from her array of wonderful cousins, aunties, uncles, Nana, Grandad, Papa and Gran- she is so spoilt, so loved and so lucky! 

Tradition 
Last year I started a wee tradition where in Miss Muffet's birthday card, I write down all the things she is really enjoying and the milestones she is reaching. I hope to keep this up and give them all to her for her 21st birthday. 
 
Party
We invited family only and found that it was more than enough! We had Amazing Sister and her equally amazing husband and two boys, Uncle Bogey with his wife and three boys, my lovely sister in law with her partner and three girls, my Mum ( Nana), Action Dad's father ( Papa) and Action Dad's half brother and his fiancé. You can see how that would be more than enough guests for a party for a two year old! It also reminded me of why we made the move back to Wellington- so Miss Muffet can grow up surrounded by her family.

The party ran from 1pm and was held at home- we are so lucky to have a huge garden which is perfect for chasing each other, playing ball, riding bikes and general fun. We didn't set a finish time and our last guests left at 4.30 pm. We decided not to have party games as we wanted the party to be relaxed and also because we were catering to children ranging from 18 months-8 years. Instead we let them just have fun playing together and once they had eaten til they were stuffed,  gave them each a bubble wand. Seriously, bubbles are the universal crowd pleaser- every single child raced around with their wand, popping them, laughing and burning off energy. The funniest thing was that Amazing Sister was right there in the thick of it- clearly bubbles are her happy place.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment