Wednesday 27 April 2016

Weekly Baking



I really enjoy baking and get a lot of satisfaction from knowing I have made something from scratch. I try to fill my baking tins on a weekly basis and have a collection of tried and true recipes that I like to use, although I am always keen to try something new! 

This week, my cravings for ginger are still in full swing. It's getting a bit out of hand really! Miss Muffet and I went for a walk/ waddle up to Janus Bakkerij (amazing!) and I saw they had gingerbread men by the counter. Unfortunately Miss Muffet was not exactly in a social mood- read screaming at the top of her lungs, people turning to look at us kind of situation-  so it was a very quick in and out trip and when we got home I remembered the gingerbread men and decided to try my hand at them! 

I like to try and involve Miss Muffet in my baking so a chair is pulled up for her and she likes to mix a few ingredients in her own bowl and of course lick the beaters. I am sure licking the bowl is technically not good for her but I did it as a kid and I turned out OK.

 
She particularly liked watching the dough being rolled and of course needed her own piece to play with and nibble on 😀
I made some royal icing and had a little play around with piping when the biscuits were cooled down which I really enjoyed and wished I had more time for. 

Verdict? Pretty good! Action Dad had one for afternoon tea and was gobbled it straight up. Miss Muffet licked all the icing off and then handed a soggy biscuit back to me- toddlers!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment