Friday 22 April 2016

Going Gaga for Ginger

At the moment, I am nearly 35 weeks pregnant with Miss Muffet's baby brother or sister. Throughout my previous pregnancy I really struggled with morning sickness and then all day nausea- just lovely when you have to face a classroom of 30 Year 7 and 8 tweets!  I remember having strong cravings for black liquorice, ginger beer, sparkling water, strawberries and rock melon. 

This time around, I haven't been hit quite so bad with the nausea- thank god! But when I was thinking about my weekly baking I noticed a wee trend... A theme you could say.



Oaty Ginger Crunch , Pear and Ginger cake 



Lemon, honey and Ginger Syrup


Basically, if something contains ginger, it is like catnip to me. I must have it. To me, it is the most delicious smell in the world at the moment and we are going through piles of it! I tend to keep my ginger in the freezer so that it is easier to grate straight into stir fries and baking and a finger? A bulb? A root? Whatever you call it, we are going through a hunk of it every week. 

Ginger has been known for centuries for its health benefits and properties including relief from morning sickness and nausea- I wonder if my clever body is craving ginger so that I am eating it before I get symptoms??? 

What did you crave when you were pregnant? Are you a ginger fiend and can pass on any recipes to satisfy my cravings? 



No comments:

Post a Comment