Monday 13 June 2016

Saturday Smiles ( on Monday!)

Oops. I realise it is Monday and I have managed to already miss my first Saturday Smiles follow up- bad Mumma, bad Mumma!  
But I am going to claim the infamous newborn brain fog combined with my own sinus infection and poor Buttons' very first cold resulting in NO sleep being had in our house. 

Oh well, who needs sleep? It's not vital to our sanity. Or health. Or ability to conduct ourselves in a civilised society. 

Anyway.... The fog is lifting a little, so here is my belated Saturday Smiles- the things that have made me happy recently. 

Bellyful Delivery 
Amazing Sister referred us to Bellyful, realising that with Action Dad being back at work and Buttons' inclination to cluster feed from 4pm was resulting in not a lot of dinner making. For those of you who don't know, Bellyful are an incredible organisation who deliver meals to families who have recently welcomed new family members or who are experiencing illness. You can refer other people or even nominate yourself, and there is no financial criteria- they are just helping out people who need support. 


 

When the lovely lady dropped off four meals for us, I came to the door with a screaming toddler attached to my leg and a baby in my arms- and I could have kissed her. An amazing organisation and when I am on my feet a bit more, I plan on volunteering for one of their cookathons. 

Oreo Chocolate 


 
Breastfeeding. Sleep deprived. Sweet tooth. Any excuse really- this strawberry, biscuitty, chocolatey goodness is hitting the spot and making me all kinds of happy.  

Book reading 
I am a huge bookworm and have been feeling like I have lost a limb, or at least a few brain cells as I have not managed to read much of anything lately. As a kid, I was known for bringing a stack of novels with me everywhere, even for a trip to the supermarket. I have a soft spot for chick lit, young adult novels and anything by Nicky Pellegrino. Before Buttons,  I was averaging two books a week, reading every night before sleep. 

Post Buttons.... It has taken me just over a month to finish "Delicious"



This book was very aptly named- it follows Billie, a new journalist graduate who has recently gained a job at Delicious, a food magazine. She discovers some mysterious letters in the magazines library and decides to try and track down their author. Some history, some romance, some mystery- all set within the backdrop of a chefs kitchen meant that this book made me feel cosy... And quite hungry. A great read and finishing it has meant I feel like I have atoned for some of my lost brain cells while watching Geordie Shore.


1 comment: