Monday 4 July 2016

Chicken Parmigiana Casserole

 
Photo credit to www.thrivinghomeblog.com - I was too hungry to wait and take a picture! 

Tonight's dinner is a result of an absolute Pintrest win. I enjoy cooking and try to make something new each week- it keeps meal planning interesting and who knows, I may actual stumble upon a meal that Miss Muffet will actually eat! 

When I was trawling for meal ideas, I had set the following criteria - had to be a chicken dish ( big chicken fan here!) And it had to be able to be freezer friendly as I wanted to cook a double batch and freeze one portion. We tend to eat a lot of Asian and Mexican food so I also wanted to explore a few Italian recipes as well. And low and behold.. Up popped Chicken Parmigiana Casserole from www.thrivinghomeblog.com. I adapted the recipe slightly: 

Ingredients
3 skinless boneless chicken breasts 
1 cup grated cheese 
1 cup Panko bread crumbs 
Oregano
Basil
Pepper
Tin of Watties tomato and herb pasta sauce *

Method 
Cook chicken and then shred.
Coat casserole dish with spray oil
Combine pasta sauce and chicken and then add to dish.
Sprinkle grated cheese over the top
Combine Panko, herbs, pepper and a dash of oil, then sprinkle over the top. 
Cook for 20 mins at 180 degrees 

Serve over pasta or rice or even as is! 

This meal was super easy to make and was absolutely delicious. A lot less fiddly than making actual parmigiana! Next time I would make my own tomato based sauce as I prefer it and it is less sweet. 

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Sounds delish, let us know how it is after freezing and reheating

    ReplyDelete